(this recipe uses a cavatelli machine that can be purchased from a kitchen supply store for about $50)
3 cups All purpose Flour
½ teaspoon Salt
16 oz Ricotta Cheese
1. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another bowl.
2. Incorporate the dry into the wet using a wooden spoon.
3. When dough is workable, use hands to knead into a ball. Cover and let rest 1 hour.
4. Dust work surface with flour, and divide dough into 1” thick ropes.
5. Feed ropes into the cavatelli machine, making sure to keep plenty of flour on your landing surface. Toss the newly made pieces of cavatelli with flour often.
6. Cavatelli may be cooked immediately in boiling salted water, or stored on a tray with plenty of flour, covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 2 days.