8 Egg yolks
4 Egg whites
225 grams Butter (about 8 ounces)
350 grams Chocolate, bittersweet, about 70% cacao (about 12 ½ ounces)
195 grams 10x sugar (confectioners sugar) (about 6 ¾ ounces)
37 grams Cocoa powder (about 1 ¼ ounces)
½ teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
2 teaspoons Sugar (used for whipping egg whites)
2 cups Heavy cream
1. Whisk whites and 2t sugar to soft peaks, set aside.
2. Whip cream to soft peaks, set aside.
3. Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler.
4. Combine and sift 10x sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
5. Remove from heat and fold in 10x sugar and cocoa powder.
(The following steps must be performed quickly, as the mixture will begin to set as it cools).
6. Fold in the egg yolks.
7. Fold in the whipped egg whites from step 1.
8. Fold in the whipped cream from step 2.
9. Pour into storage vessel and chill for at least 6 hours.
10. Ganache can be sliced or scooped or spread, depending on application.